Thursday, August 5, 2010

Love Thursday..."Every Generation...."

Good morning! Since the fabulous Chookooloonks is off in NY City @the 2010 BlogHer Conference, I'm gonna give my own "Love Thursday" shoutout.

This is my beautiful great-niece, Sidnei, & her equally beautiful daughter, Amiyah. These two ladies are the tail-end of five generations. Even though Sid is a very young, single mother & I know things can't be easy for her, I have to admire the way she struggles to make her way in this world to take care of herself & her child.

So, today, Happy Love Thursday, Sid. The love you share & teach to Amiyah will stay instilled in her forever.
A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them. -Victor Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Story, Part II

  I'm curious about this second half of my story now that I'm alone. Then I read this by Jennifer Camp from "Loop ": "...