Saturday, March 16, 2013

Subtle

sub·tle: /ˈsətl/: Adjective
  1. (esp. of a change or distinction) So delicate or precise as to be difficult to analyze or describe.
  2. (of a mixture or effect) Delicately complex and understated.
Synonyms: subtile - fine - delicate - nice - sharp

fine or delicate in meaning or intent; difficult to perceive or understand: subtle irony

Yesterday, I wondered where to hang a picture I love

Then it hit me, in fact it was almost like I heard it out loud

"Change it, move it, claim your space"

So I removed a picture that's been hanging for years


Which is very precious, indeed

But it's not me, nor my life

And now I realize, it never truly was

But was allowed out of respect

My time now

When my action was questioned, I felt strong & proud & fierce

When I let it be known

That it's my time now

Subtly will get you everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silence, Faith, Grief, etc.

 Here we are nearing the close of October, 2026. The summer was messy with humidity and rain, but this past week or so, Fall has been INCRED...