Monday, January 28, 2013

Subscribe

You pop up in my thoughts
You pop up in my dreams
When I am focused, you pop up
and invade my thoughts
like spam

I try to delete you
I try to ignore you
I try to "exit" you
but you push your way through
like a sunbeam on a dark day

Then I find myself
accepting you, reading you
looking forward to you
and it makes me wonder
when did I suscribe
to you?


Sunday Scribbling word prompt: 'subscribe'

4 comments:

  1. Often it seems like those pesky ads on the internet are just like that. Love the ending "when did I subscribe?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Write Girl. Those ads are exactly what I had in mind. I appreciate your visit.

      Delete
  2. It was obviously meant to be! Delightful.

    ReplyDelete

Silence, Faith, Grief, etc.

 Here we are nearing the close of October, 2026. The summer was messy with humidity and rain, but this past week or so, Fall has been INCRED...