Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 18, A Day of Thanks

I have failed epically at giving daily thanks, even though I have been thankful, daily. In keeping with Happenings @ Chaos, my dear friend, Sharon's, timely & daily blessings inspire me.


I am grateful for making what I feel are the right decisions regarding discipline

I am grateful for this beautiful November weather: sunshine & blue skies, even tho temps are high 40's & low 50's.

I am grateful for the beautiful fall mess that is my yard. With the golden yellow leaves from the maple all over the place, I think it looks rustic

I am grateful that it's my house and I don't have to rake if I don't want to. Ever. Lol.

I am grateful that everything will still bloom in its time, even if I don't rake.

I am grateful for the grace I am feeling in the face of adversity about the upcoming holidays. Thanksgiving plans have changed multi-times in as many as 3 days. I'm about ready to chuck it all. WITH grace. :-\

I am grateful for Xanax. :-)




1 comment:

  1. I love your post because you are grateful for the simple things in life. Things many of us, because of a hectic schedule or life, miss during the course of our day. Happy to read someone who values the simple things in life, Xanax notwithstanding, ha! I also know about Sharon and love the way she makes me think about things just as you do.

    ReplyDelete

My Story, Part II

  I'm curious about this second half of my story now that I'm alone. Then I read this by Jennifer Camp from "Loop ": "...