- We got slammed w/2 major winter storms this week. I won't (trying not to) complain because this is February. In Ohio, after all...
- The ongoing winter is making me very crazy. Just when I hit my near-insane mark, Spring breaks through
- The insane mark is fastly approaching & the weather guy said "new storm moving in Sunday..."
- I have become a complete addict for rubber stamps/ink pads, which has re-opened my eyes to all the left-over crayons, colored pencils, glue sticks, etc., from Son's school days
- I actually do hand-stamp almost every card & note I send
- I wish I had a room where I could leave all my "toys" spread out instead of always packing everything away
- I have enuff of 'em (stamps) now. I need to stop
- I've never been a chicken fan, but I find the older I get, the more I dislike it unless it's in the form of a breast & no where near a bone. I can cook it really well in all forms, but I never eat it
- Today, I talked to the homeless guy who is always @ the library, studying with a HUGE magnifying glass. I usually quietly slip him a few bucks, say hi & keep walking, but today he introduced himself as 'Nelson' & told me I've always been so good to him, that he would like me to sit down w/him one day, when I had time, & talk w/him. I didn't sit, but we shook hands & he told me about the books he always studies (major medical, history books & the Bible). He said he has a lot of good ideas, but he always gives them away to people. I told him maybe he should write 'em down & hold onto them for himself. Maybe he could be rich one day
- He said he'd love nothing more than to be rich ...
- For all the folks there who, I'm sure, look at him like he's something from underground; I hope those folks saw us being nice to each other & that Nelson is a normal dude having a hard time. Whatever is going in his life, whoever he is, I believe he deserves some nice-ness.
- I find myself looking for him every time Son & I go to that branch of the library. The library allows him to leave his stacks of books at "his" table always, like they know he will arrive every day (he does)
- one time, I didn't see him for a couple of weeks & asked the snotty-assed librarian if she had. She, twisted up her face like she smelled crap, and over-the-top, said very loudly: YOU KNOW HE'S SCHIZOPHRENIC, DON'T YOU?
- I told her yes, & asked if he had been in lately & she said NO!!!!
- What I wanted to say: Yeah? We'll you're ugly & we're talking to you, aren't we? (LOLOL!!)**
**Disclaimer: excuse that last cruel remark - it's the cabin fever.. :-\
Pictures by: me :-)