Monday, November 12, 2012

Back then & right now

 Happy Veteran's Day to all Veteran's out there in the world. Thank you for your service!

The first 2 photos are of homes located in the historic district 2 streets over from my house. When I first moved where I am now, it's all I wanted to do was walk the big, wide opened tree lined streets & marvel at these wonders.

I have always had a soft spot for brick houses. Big, old fashioned 'sturdy' homes. They always looked 'safe.' I took the pictures from the book "Historic Architecture Canton 1805-1940."

  
So, imagine my surprise when a friend shared our city's historic book with me, and I saw the same two houses!!! Both were occupied by doctors. Below are the homes as they are (last month) - still beautifully maintained & well taken care of.

The past, in this case, is still very much the present. And I'm so glad it is. :-)


The home below is always picture post-card worthy when decorated for Christmas. Professionals come in & light it from the roof to the ground. The roof is terra cotta shingles. Anything else just wouldn't be right.

"Real time pictures":  by me

1 comment:

  1. Tracey~

    The homes, the photos are so lovely. I am a fan of historic districts and enjoy seeing the buildings and architecture therein. This was a treat for me!

    ~KIM

    ReplyDelete

My Story, Part II

  I'm curious about this second half of my story now that I'm alone. Then I read this by Jennifer Camp from "Loop ": "...