Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Alma Mater
 What a great weekend. Slow, not too hot, a nice breeze, grilling, high school car washes, relaxing on my part w/card making & some reading. The Hall of Fame Kick Off Community Parade was today; son, me & mom never miss it. It's a tradition before the "big" Hall of Fame Parade next Saturday when the football players are inducted into the Hall of Fame, then they ride in the parade. It's a pretty big deal here in football town. It's almost surreal to see them 2 feet away from you riding on the back of a convertible. Sweet.

I picked up THREE more books at the library book sale. Why? Because I need another book like I need another eye. Lol. It's official - I'm addicted. I just bough the 3 from Amazon, Jesus Calling from Walmart, now these 3 in less than 3 weeks.

I found Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life. I know it's years old, but I never read it & it was only a buck, so what's to lose? This copy was definitely well loved; it's FULL of highlights, underlines, marginal notes. The best.
The "Human Flag". Toss your spare change onto the flag.

Elizabeth Berg's Home Safe is another. I have always loved her books. So 'homey', real & honest. I've listened to a couple of hers on audio while driving to work. Love.

Lastly, Bring on the Blessings by Beverly Jenkins. A woman becomes VERY rich in a divorce settlement & buys and old town that used to be a 'slave town.' Even though it's a very sad, dark period of time, I love reading about slavery, while my heart aches.

There were a TON of Queens & Princesses. More than enough.. Lol.

One of our many churches, St. John's. It's magnificent.

Shot out my bathroom window. Hall of Fame Kickoff.

I'm over a mile away from downtown. Not bad, huh? :-)
Pictures by: me ;-}

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 'New Spring'

I napped thru the storm that brought on the fabulous rainbow. The last 2 pix are after the 'bow' passed. If you didn't see it, y...