Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"instructions not included"






Even with autism, it was easy when you were small. At the age of 3, you entered early intervention classes. my happy, sweet special boy;

it was still easy when you were an early teen - you were busy being a teen with your sports, love of music, etc., my sweet, special teen.

however, now you're a young man of two decades and three years. my question is, am i teaching you right? am i showing you the way? have i taught you about God? have i taught you to love yourself? have i taught you your self-worth? have i taught you to respect yourself as you respect me & others? do you know why you feel different toward girls? will you have a girl? do you wonder about sex? will you ever want to live alone? will you be able to handle the world? will the world be kind or cruel?

i shave your handsome face, yet the hitch is: I cannot teach you to be a man.

All i can do is pray & trust Our Maker to guide you thru your journey, as he understands and knows your heart. One that is filled with innocence and trust. He knows your wants, needs, thoughts and your future. He knows the very numbers of hairs on your head at this very moment. he knows and hears my prayers for you. He has always been there for you - fulfilling your every need, no matter or big or small.

So I guide you the best I can. As you have turned into a fine, young man. I am amazed daily at how blessed I am to have been given the precious gift of you for a son.


Pictures by: me. In tribute to my awesomely wonderful, perfectly created son, James. :-)
Sunday Scribbling word prompt: "hitch"

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Story, Part II

  I'm curious about this second half of my story now that I'm alone. Then I read this by Jennifer Camp from "Loop ": "...