Sunday, January 14, 2024

The New Normal

Friday, 01/12/2024 was Dwayne's military burial.

Saturday, 01/13/2024 was his memorial.

His obituary said his death was 01/07/2024. I say it was 12/23/2023.

Yet, on Friday, out of the corner of my eye, I 'saw' his spirit leave the house. Out the front door.

I was in the kitchen & saw something move quickly but it looked like him. Black/gray thermal shirt. Seems he glanced & went out the door. I don't even know if that short amount of time has a name. Nano-second, maybe?

It didn't scare me at all. And as I thought about it later, I remembered the doctor said they found him here. At home. It's all still so surreal. 




Otherwise, I'm adjusting to all this space, quiet & alone time. I'm truly diggin' it (like an Old School Record) ~ Meshell Ndegéocello. Been slowly adding little things that make me smile and have meaning, yet keeping things asthetic. 

I didn't attend any services for Dwayne. I'm glad his family laid him to rest. He was so sad, depressed  & sick a lot. Yet 'mean & surly.' I know I immediately seemed detached but it felt necessary once I knew he was gone. And the world keeps turning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The 'New Spring'

I napped thru the storm that brought on the fabulous rainbow. The last 2 pix are after the 'bow' passed. If you didn't see it, y...