Tuesday, December 26, 2023

2023 On It's Way Out

 Before 2023 leaves, it left this in it's wake: 

  • The nasty disease of Scleroderma/Covid/Pneumonia claimed my baby. My only child at the age of 36. It was the hardest thing ever to watch him suffer and waste away to nothing. My only solace is my faith, asking God for strength DAILY and knowing my boy is no longer suffering. That, alone, brings me peace. It's been a 6 month struggle of nursing home & hospital. Rest in peace, my love.


  • One the 23rd of this month, my Significant Other suffered a debilitating heart attack and to this day remains on a ventilator with no brain activity. It happened while I was at work. The doctors say they're glad he had the where with all to dial 911 before becoming unresponsive. No heart beat; no breathing. His 'life' will probably end in the next 48 hours, even though I truly believe his spirit left his body on the 23rd

Now, this is the first time I've been alone in my own home in 36 years. It feels very odd but I'm getting used to it slowly. I'm slowly getting used to the fact that I can finally do what I want, when I want w/out any negative or questionable input.

I'm making small changes to things I've always wanted to.

I don't have to worry about groceries; I eat what and when and if I want.

The silence allows me to hear God's voice.

I feel peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The 'New Spring'

I napped thru the storm that brought on the fabulous rainbow. The last 2 pix are after the 'bow' passed. If you didn't see it, y...