Friday, August 16, 2013

Summer Update, Part V

My first time growing poppies.

Grown from a $1.00 box of wildflower seeds

.... that was made to cover 100 square feet

.... but planted in a small patch gave wildflower overload!!!!

One of my favorites: Tuberose Begonias

A yearly must-have

"Sun and Substance" Hosta blooms

Portulaca ~ another new favorite

Cana Lillies grown from bulbs.
One thing I am proud of is my many plants & flowers. I think this is the best they've ever looked since I've had much spare time on my hands. I made sure I have blasts of color everywhere. Definitely one of my favorite parts of summer.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful poppy flowers. They lined our yard when I was a kid - all along the stone wall. I love the silky feel of their leaves. Beautiful.
    Love Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete

My Story, Part II

  I'm curious about this second half of my story now that I'm alone. Then I read this by Jennifer Camp from "Loop ": "...