Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Last week, I strolled through out little city's Taste of Canton, a yearly thing held in the green space downtown where various area restaurants come out with their best. I felt out of place at first because everyone was dressed in their 'work fineries' and I'm in sweats & a T as I just finished a walk.
I was also bashful as well because folks thought I was from a 'real' place (newspaper, etc.), so they were more than happy to pose with their wares. When they asked what paper & what day would they be able to see their pictures, I just smiled & said 'we'll see' knowing full well I'm not affiliated.
When I went to the Taste's website on facebook & posted a picture I thought they would like, they deleted it. Maybe they only wanted their own shots as opposed to outside. No harm, no foul - I knew I could use a few of them here.
And with all the goodies being sold., the ONLY thing I sampled was a rice cake w/whipped peanut butter. And that was only because they guy wanted his picture taken. Lol.
C'est la vie!
Monday, May 27, 2013
I bought this at Marshall Land Company a couple of weeks ago. Marshalls is owned by a demolition contractor and they save EVERYTHING from demolished commercial buildings. A very cool place if you have a creative, handy man in your life (I don't.) I swoon over the big red shutters & old school house lighting that just itches to become something great.
I can't put my finger on why this picture stood out for me. It's probably the abandonment and simplicity of it. It looks like something I may have taken if I happened up on it. The matting is a little destroyed at the bottom, but I'm sure a framer could fix it. It's 13x9. Pretty good size.
This rocking hair belonged to a neighbor when I was a child. The couple sat on the porch, holding hands, rocking every evening. When I returned home as an adult, the wife died & her husband sold her chair to my mom. When I moved into my first house, my mother gave it to me. I'd say it was meant to be in my life long before I realized it, huh?
The circle of life.
Saturday, May 25, 2013
I'm loving the touch of adding words to my pictures.
"Cuppa "T" came to me when I got my first DSLR & discovered total freedom.
When encouraged to market myself, I grow shy; even though it is my passion
I say, 'there is so much of 'it' out there already; what will make me unique?'
When deep down I embrace "vive la différence"*
Il est bon**
* (to celebrate ("vive" is equivalent to "long live") being different, meaning it's good that everyone is different.
**(it is good)
Pictures: Cuppa "T" Photography (me) :-)
Carry On Tuesday word prompt: "vive la différence"
Friday, May 24, 2013
Believing in my faith
takes me to a place
where worries are moot
and can be given the boot
because I prayed for a change
for things to rearrange
and He knows my heart
knows I need a new start
No time to panic, nor to be glum
When I truly believe
Carry One Tuesday phrase; "the best is yet to come"
|... Along came a spider & sat down beside her|
|Little things needed homes; $1.00/each|
|Why trim the willow tree when cute French braids can be made? :-)|
|Heavy spring rains bring comfort. My favorite park in the distance.|
|Adding captions to photos. Working on it, but it's a start|
|After digging in the dirt for hours, it's a nice surprise to see my red toes :-)|
I am blessed.
Sunday Scribblings word prompt: "luscious"
|"You just call out my name, and you know where ever I am|
I'll come running to see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall, all you have to do is call and I'll be there, yeah, yeah,
you've got a friend." ~ James Taylor
Picture: me/my hosta garden @ sunset
I'm taking my cue from Sophistishe's blog today & giving you 20 self randoms. Here goes:
- I have 6 brothers & 2 sisters
- I used to play clarinet
- I used to have a great singing voice & would sing constantly
- I once went to charm school (epic fail)
- I was a notorious tomboy who preferred overalls & Converse gym shoes over a silly dress any day
- I can grow a perfect set of 10 nails in a month.
- I have a dreamy, romantic vision of living in the country in a fab farm house
- I've found that life is much more peaceful and blessed since I learned to let my autistic son be himself. It's not about me
- As I get older, I get more shy about the gap 'tween my teeth
- I don't like pictures of myself
- I'm a loner. I love grabbing the camera, taking off by myself & going wherever, stopping randomly, maybe ending up in the library with no one's schedule but my own
- I'm a nice, thoughtful person. Real nice. Lol. "D" says 'too nice.' (???) But I will also cut ya if you piss me off... :-/
- I'm struggling to think of 7 more randoms....
- I have a hard time calling myself a 'photographer.'
- I want to spend some time island hopping the island off the coast of Georgia
- I don't ever want to work again unless it's something I can totally love. I've never been more relaxed in my life than I have in these last 2 months
- I am very, very shy in crowds & @ parties
- I have nice hair (lol!) thanks to a good stylist every 2 weeks & hair/skin/nails vitamins
- I never meet a stranger
- I have to be careful not to give my heart away too easily
Monday, May 20, 2013
2 Peter 3:8 - But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
- "Our time" and God's time are no where NEAR similar to each other
- We are spiritual beings having a human experience
- Treasure the moments you are given
- Never wish for more time
- Or less time
- Everything will be exactly when it is supposed to be
- God measures our minutes on Earth to make us appreciate them
(Blowing in the mic - "IS THIS THING ON??") *crickets chirping* 👀 Well, apparently I've laxed the entire month of Februar...
I find as I get older, there are certain things I love about me, like: how comfortable I feel in my skin how accepting I am of my body, wi...
"Faith is raising the sail of our little boat until it is caught up in the soft winds above and picks up speed, not from any...