Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Last week, I strolled through out little city's Taste of Canton, a yearly thing held in the green space downtown where various area restaurants come out with their best. I felt out of place at first because everyone was dressed in their 'work fineries' and I'm in sweats & a T as I just finished a walk.
I was also bashful as well because folks thought I was from a 'real' place (newspaper, etc.), so they were more than happy to pose with their wares. When they asked what paper & what day would they be able to see their pictures, I just smiled & said 'we'll see' knowing full well I'm not affiliated.
When I went to the Taste's website on facebook & posted a picture I thought they would like, they deleted it. Maybe they only wanted their own shots as opposed to outside. No harm, no foul - I knew I could use a few of them here.
And with all the goodies being sold., the ONLY thing I sampled was a rice cake w/whipped peanut butter. And that was only because they guy wanted his picture taken. Lol.
C'est la vie!
Monday, May 27, 2013
I bought this at Marshall Land Company a couple of weeks ago. Marshalls is owned by a demolition contractor and they save EVERYTHING from demolished commercial buildings. A very cool place if you have a creative, handy man in your life (I don't.) I swoon over the big red shutters & old school house lighting that just itches to become something great.
I can't put my finger on why this picture stood out for me. It's probably the abandonment and simplicity of it. It looks like something I may have taken if I happened up on it. The matting is a little destroyed at the bottom, but I'm sure a framer could fix it. It's 13x9. Pretty good size.
This rocking hair belonged to a neighbor when I was a child. The couple sat on the porch, holding hands, rocking every evening. When I returned home as an adult, the wife died & her husband sold her chair to my mom. When I moved into my first house, my mother gave it to me. I'd say it was meant to be in my life long before I realized it, huh?
The circle of life.
Saturday, May 25, 2013
I'm loving the touch of adding words to my pictures.
"Cuppa "T" came to me when I got my first DSLR & discovered total freedom.
When encouraged to market myself, I grow shy; even though it is my passion
I say, 'there is so much of 'it' out there already; what will make me unique?'
When deep down I embrace "vive la différence"*
Il est bon**
* (to celebrate ("vive" is equivalent to "long live") being different, meaning it's good that everyone is different.
**(it is good)
Pictures: Cuppa "T" Photography (me) :-)
Carry On Tuesday word prompt: "vive la différence"
Friday, May 24, 2013
Believing in my faith
takes me to a place
where worries are moot
and can be given the boot
because I prayed for a change
for things to rearrange
and He knows my heart
knows I need a new start
No time to panic, nor to be glum
When I truly believe
Carry One Tuesday phrase; "the best is yet to come"
|... Along came a spider & sat down beside her|
|Little things needed homes; $1.00/each|
|Why trim the willow tree when cute French braids can be made? :-)|
|Heavy spring rains bring comfort. My favorite park in the distance.|
|Adding captions to photos. Working on it, but it's a start|
|After digging in the dirt for hours, it's a nice surprise to see my red toes :-)|
I am blessed.
Sunday Scribblings word prompt: "luscious"
|"You just call out my name, and you know where ever I am|
I'll come running to see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall, all you have to do is call and I'll be there, yeah, yeah,
you've got a friend." ~ James Taylor
Picture: me/my hosta garden @ sunset
I'm taking my cue from Sophistishe's blog today & giving you 20 self randoms. Here goes:
- I have 6 brothers & 2 sisters
- I used to play clarinet
- I used to have a great singing voice & would sing constantly
- I once went to charm school (epic fail)
- I was a notorious tomboy who preferred overalls & Converse gym shoes over a silly dress any day
- I can grow a perfect set of 10 nails in a month.
- I have a dreamy, romantic vision of living in the country in a fab farm house
- I've found that life is much more peaceful and blessed since I learned to let my autistic son be himself. It's not about me
- As I get older, I get more shy about the gap 'tween my teeth
- I don't like pictures of myself
- I'm a loner. I love grabbing the camera, taking off by myself & going wherever, stopping randomly, maybe ending up in the library with no one's schedule but my own
- I'm a nice, thoughtful person. Real nice. Lol. "D" says 'too nice.' (???) But I will also cut ya if you piss me off... :-/
- I'm struggling to think of 7 more randoms....
- I have a hard time calling myself a 'photographer.'
- I want to spend some time island hopping the island off the coast of Georgia
- I don't ever want to work again unless it's something I can totally love. I've never been more relaxed in my life than I have in these last 2 months
- I am very, very shy in crowds & @ parties
- I have nice hair (lol!) thanks to a good stylist every 2 weeks & hair/skin/nails vitamins
- I never meet a stranger
- I have to be careful not to give my heart away too easily
Monday, May 20, 2013
2 Peter 3:8 - But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
- "Our time" and God's time are no where NEAR similar to each other
- We are spiritual beings having a human experience
- Treasure the moments you are given
- Never wish for more time
- Or less time
- Everything will be exactly when it is supposed to be
- God measures our minutes on Earth to make us appreciate them
Hey, folks. Sister #1 has decided to take Sister #2 up on the offer of renting mom's house!!!! My heart was so overjoyed @ this news...
"Faith is raising the sail of our little boat until it is caught up in the soft winds above and picks up speed, not from any...
Hey folks. Yeah... I'm still here. I've been to this blank page more times than I care to count so let me try to catch up. I can...