Saturday, July 7, 2012

Wilted...

Let it go...
 Saying hello from the scorching Big OH. The temp. is 100, yet feels like 106. It has never been this hot in HOF (Hall of Fame) town, ever. I would go on and on, but why bother. We all know what it's like to be hot. Lol.

I treated myself to some bubbles @ the Dollar Tree today. So damn hot, it was all I could do to blow a couple, then I was done. Even though I was in the shade. Whew!

"D" got promoted this past week. Big congrats to him. He wants to shine. He is a good manager, yet so military. The Army will always be in him. Even all the way down to his clothes. I'll just say starch is a constant must in the house. His clothes could stand in the corner on their own. Lol.
Treat yourself...

I got 3 books from Amazon for $12 & that was only for shipping! The books literally cost $.01. I truly need a wall of built in book shelves. "Letters to My Daughter", "The Welcome Table", & "Dori Sanders Country Cooking". Firstly, I love Maya Angelou's words so her words of wisdom to the daughter she never had, yet we are all her daughters, is amazing. With both writers; I like hearing stories behind their recipes. D. Sanders wrote 2 other books (Clover & Her Own Place) & works the family roadside peach stand. How cool IS that? She completely rocks.
Touch the water

I happened upon this little lake in the middle of walking trails near work. I couldn't believe how green/blue the water was. Picnic tables were around, but I didn't feel comfortable so isolated so deep in the woods alone. Plus it was hot.

Blessings & cool temps to you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey, first thank you so much for your comments on my blog, An Inch of Time. It's taken me a few days to figure out how to touch base with you. I love the photo of the bubble! How did you manage to take that photo? I'd love to know. Also love the quote about "fear less," how true it is. After reading this post it sounds like we have a lot in common . . . besides the heat! I'm a winter person myself and it's never too cold for me. Thanks again for dropping by my blog, it is much appreciated. I'll be dropping by your blog more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. I should've checked here first instead of answering you via email. Oh well, all that matters is that we connected. I love new friends! :-)

      Delete

The 'New Spring'

I napped thru the storm that brought on the fabulous rainbow. The last 2 pix are after the 'bow' passed. If you didn't see it, y...