Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Caution: Random Crossings

WHAT A GORGEOUS DAY it is today. After the heat & rain of yesterday, the temps have gone back down into high 70's, not a cloud in the sky & I can barely wait to get out of the office!

Over the weekend of June 8-10th, Son will be going to Adult Weekend Camp. We got the list in the mail of items he'll need to bring which translates into nearly everything you would need in life! He's so excited, and I'm excited for him to experience staying away from home for a couple of days & nights.

My sister &; her fiance threw a wonderful summer kick off cook-out @ their home over Memorial holiday; what will be their ongoing tradition. My mom has (or used to have) the "Hot Dog Extravaganza" every summer, my other sister has the "Ohio State/Michigan Party" every Fall, and now the Summer Kick-off. I don't have a theme for anything, but I do invite folks to my porch & patio. Nothing to write home about, but it' cozy.

 I think it sounds funny to say that I'm soon to be 49 years old. I can remember when I was 17, I used to look @ myself in the mirror & ask myself, 'wonder what will I look like when I'm 25, then 30. I don't know what I thought I would 'morph' into, but I'm pretty happy with myself. I still feel like a teenager inside even if the ole body tries to tell me differently.

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up... :-)

I wish I had a "Busha" (Polish for Grandmother), or a grandmother, preferably one with some spunk.  We have an 89-year old client who goes dancing twice a week w/her boyfriend. She's always dressed to the hilt & exudes so much life & spark! She would be such a positive influence on me.

The on the other hand, I wish my neighbors were the gay couple of Modern Family. No offense to anyone, but men whom are gay are the most honest, upbeat, positive, 'live your best life' type of people. My mom always told me they're the best friend you could ever have & I believe it. They're comfortable w/themselves & not afraid to show it. I saw a couple @ the nursery truly GUSHING over the beauty of a Calla Lily. It made me smile.
And I think we'd be great neighbors. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

The 'New Spring'

I napped thru the storm that brought on the fabulous rainbow. The last 2 pix are after the 'bow' passed. If you didn't see it, y...