"Within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself."~ Hermann Hesse
And with these pictures, I try to still myself to the many feelings of inadequacy I've been feeling lately. Why is it that we are our hardest masters, yet so lenient with others?
Let me transport myself back to early Fall when I took these pictures, and get the feeling of calm & peace with just me & the camera. That is when I'm my best "still" inside.
Greetings every one! I simply cannot believe how quickly Thankful Thursday comes around! A few thanks in my head are:
- Again, always thankful for mom. After yesterday's lunch, I told her having lunch picked me up & made me happy. She told me she never thought of herself of being anyone's "pick-er-up-er" and that made her happy. So... we were/are a couple of happy girls.
- Thankful for the good "belly laughing" time I had last night @ son's basketball practice, laughing with a couple other mom's. We were talking about our sons' different quirks that make them so unique. I was laughing so hard, I had tears rolling! LOL! It's always good to laugh like that
- I am thankful for the fact that the one mom said of her other four "typical" children, she had/has no relationship with the parents of their friends. In fact, she rarely ever knew anything of the parents. But with our "in crowd" (LOL!), she said we have formed a bond of love and family forever. Now how cool is that?
- Thankful that the nasty bit of snow/ice we got earlier in the week has given way to dry roads, blue sky & sunshine. God clearly knows my tires are bald as my forehead & driving with them terrifies me! Lol!
- And lastly, I'm thankful that I got out some particular special cards to those who have been on my mind & in my prayers.