Monday, December 5, 2011

Same Ole Story



I read this cool list today that suggested: "go back one year in your blog & see where your head was compared to now." One year ago, I talked about homelessness here. Nothing has changed in this year with me on that matter. It still holds a soft spot in my heart.

I still sneak $ & friendship to Nelson @ the library when I see him, which hasn't been since summer. He always asks if I still have the 'very valuable rock' he gave me. I do. There has always been another guy there, too, that I've never mentioned. He's always reading the newspapers from all over the world. And he always has coffee so I slip the $ & tell him to have his next coffee on me. He always smiles, thanks & blesses me & whispers "miracle, miracle."

Then over the weekend leaving the grocery, I saw an elderly gent w/several bags & a cardboard sign slowly making his way up the boulevard.

Sigh & prayers. So, I guess my head is in the same place as last year on this note. And I'm sure it will still be next year, God willing & the creek don't rise! :-)

Pictures by: me :-}
Lower picture is the side of a building in the Arts District, Downtown

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silence, Faith, Grief, etc.

 Here we are nearing the close of October, 2026. The summer was messy with humidity and rain, but this past week or so, Fall has been INCRED...