Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful & blessed


Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action. ~W.J. Cameron

In all of my Thanksgiving hostess obsessing, the evening turned out to be very lovely. As usual, it was a lot of fret for no reason. Don't you hate when you clean your ass off - taking extra care on the bathroom & nobody ever uses it?!?! (LOL!)

My guest list was diminished greatly, so I ended up with only two guests. One sister was out of state; the other wanted to relax @ her beautiful home -her first Thanksgiving in her new house; one brother had the flu; one brother ate with his lady friend, & the other brother ate w/his lady friend & her mother.

So that left mom and her gentleman friend. I'm so glad I didn't prepare as much as I thought I would have to.


It came out to be just enough with plenty for left overs. Maybe try some turkey soup? Mmm..

Even though mom ate less than a bird & pushed her food around her plate....

.... and her gentleman friend nearly ate all of the pecan pie...

... I was glad to thankfully share what I had. Son said the entire meal was "awesome!"

Then "D" had to go into work in the evening, so that left me blissfully alone basking the glow of having shared & being blessed. I put on jazz, & enjoyed the lingering scents of dinner, the pumpkin spice candles, the Fall leaves I scattered about, then thanked God for a sweet Thanksgiving, indeed.

Always thankful :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 'New Spring'

I napped thru the storm that brought on the fabulous rainbow. The last 2 pix are after the 'bow' passed. If you didn't see it, y...