Sunday, October 2, 2011

Thoughts Not My Own


Good morning, everyone. The weekends are truly the fastest things on earth. I hope all of yours were relaxing. On this rainy first Monday of the new month, I'll share pix from last week's lunch break & give some great quotes on 'thought' since I can't seem to seem to form my own thoughts into words today. Enjoy! :-)


Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler.
~ Friedrich Nietzsche

What we think, we become.
Buddha

Thought is free. William Shakespeare

A man is what he thinks about all day long. Ralph Waldo

Change your thoughts, and you change your world Norman Vincent Peale (I call this one "land of the forgotten toys." A park that has been rebuilt pushed all the old playground toys to the woods. They looked sad to me :-\)

The main thing in one's own private world is to try to laugh as much as you cry. Maya Angelou

You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you. James Allen

The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money. Thomas Jefferson (I came upon this bench in the woods. Doesn't it invite you to sit & stay awhile?)

One great use of words is to hide our thoughts Voltaire (I call this one "wild & wicked")

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Nesting"

Cute bench from a friend's mother's home. The arrangement has changed many times. Blessed to get 'the kid's Thanksgiving tab...