Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Just long enough



I remember mentioning a book I read called "God's Guest List" that made you aware of folks that pass in and out of your everyday life, and what their purposes were at that time. Some stayed for just moments, others for years, others for life.

Earlier, I also mentioned a friend I knew who was a victim of domestic violence. I never knew what happened to her, assumed she was forever in an unknown nursing home, and found out she had been living around the corner from me for three years.

After we spoke that day, we never reached out to each other again. I saw her just in passing at times, but nothing more.

Well, she moved this past weekend to another part of the city where we more than likely will not run into each other.
It made me think of God's Guest List; she and I crossed paths again in our lives just long enough to reconnect.

And even though she wasn't able to fully connect, the joy in seeing her alive, healthy and blessed overwhelmed me. It is a memory I will always hold on to.


Pictures by me :o}

3 comments:

  1. Yes that is a good memory. every person I have ever met has brought some thing that in some way has shaped my life. Joy in seeing others doing better is wonderful, knowing they are in a better place both physically and emotionally. have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cinner. It's really something to think about when you think how others effect our everyday. Seeing Betty again and being able to put all my scary thoughts of her to rest is such a relief and a blessing. I'm still sorry for how her life has changed, but then again - everything happens for reasons we don't always understand.

    You have a great day, too! Thanks for coming by :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very glad you were able to see her again and know that she is safe.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

My Story, Part II

  I'm curious about this second half of my story now that I'm alone. Then I read this by Jennifer Camp from "Loop ": "...