Saturday, March 19, 2011

High on Arrival


Some years ago, my sister, treated me to Oprah's weekend workshop "Live Your Best Life."
In San Francisco.
It was a whirlwind of unbelievable. Flew out Friday & in on Sunday. I was so full of exhilaration & on such a high. It lasted for days on end. Overwhelming enough to go from being at work one day, then the next seeing the beauty of the City. Then the next day, spending the entire day in the presence of Oprah. Unreal.
While my sister & I were trying to sneak pictures that weren't allowed, security asked us if we wanted to greet Ms. Winfrey as she "exited the limo."
Then there she was. "This" close.
The afternoon spent w/2,500+ women (& some men) & Oprah was the amazing experience (besides child birth) ever. O is really the shit; a huge force to be reckoned with, but SUPER funny! And very down-home, like a cousin or something. She kicked off the stiletto's & wore her slippers 5 min. into coming out on stage. By the end of the workshop, it felt like I had 2,498 new friends. The feeling of self-love & sisterhood made me glow.

On the plane coming back home (it was clear flying out - you could see the ground below from Ohio to S.F.; same way coming home), I was SO giddy, I filled nearly 1/2 the journal Oprah passed out (PS: she did give away some cool stuff - I still use the duffle bag.) It was a blessed gift from my sister! For me, that is one great memory I'll not forget. It was the last time I got really excited about something!*



After a week or so, my hyper level mellowed & my life returned to it's routine.

"But that is the beginning of a new story..."**





Pictures: internet
*Daydreaming on Paper
**Carry On Tuesday




6 comments:

  1. What an amazing gift! I am green with envy!!! Well written and enjoyed by this reader...a perfect response to the prompt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing fun! So glad you got to do this.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you were able to have this experience! Thank you for sharing the excitement! The last line is a great use of the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all and welcome, Judy! Please come back again anytime! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracey, this is the kind of gift that comes from a sister who truly loves you. Now, don't schlump back into complacency - grab that magic "O" stuff and keep it in your pocket!

    So glad to see you at Carry On, Amy
    http://sharplittlepencil.wordpress.com/2011/03/23/gimme-shelter-carry-on-tuesday/

    ReplyDelete

My Story, Part II

  I'm curious about this second half of my story now that I'm alone. Then I read this by Jennifer Camp from "Loop ": "...