Sunday, March 27, 2011

the 10 best



"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself." ~Harvey Fierstein



The 10 best things about being me are:
  1. there is no one else like me
  2. there is no one else who looks like me
  3. there is no one else who thinks like me, we can have like thoughts, but my thoughts are my own
  4. i have an uncanny ability to make myself & others laugh till they (we) cry
  5. i never encounter a stranger. never.
  6. i have a huge smile that i easily share - always
  7. i am blessed to have an autistic son. others may have this, but i feel especially 'appointed' by God
  8. i am generous to a fault (if someone admires something i have, i will give it to 'em, even though i want it for myself)
  9. i have a laid-back, 'everything will be okay' attitude - always
  10. i never hesitate to let out my inner-child and let myself play, no matter who is watching


Pictures by: me :0}

Daydreaming on Paper word prompt: "10 best things about being you"

4 comments:

  1. Tracey,
    This is my first visit to your blog and I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. Your positive attitude, upbeat personality and photo talents create a warm and wonderful space here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most important is you are you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracey, thanks for letting us know more about you. From where I sit here in Madison, WI, with a high-functioning Asperger's daughter doing better and better in LA, I, too, feel appointed. And anointed, as a manic depressive whose life is finally in balance! Thanks again, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, thank you. I visited your place, too, & am now a follower! Please come back again;

    Whitesnake: that IS the most important thing of all.

    Pencil: hey there! good seeing you again. Kudos to your daughter being away & doing well - that's something we need to talk about (via email). Glad you found your 'balance' (we need to speak on that, too via email). "see" you soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete

My Story, Part II

  I'm curious about this second half of my story now that I'm alone. Then I read this by Jennifer Camp from "Loop ": "...