Saturday, November 20, 2010

Forever young



I allow myself to;
  • sweep & mop the kitchen floor so I can endlessly play with my dollar store jacks
  • write in my "Hello Kitty" dollar store journal - complete w/a lock & key
  • indulge in a big bowl of Captain Crunch
  • while watching marathons of The Flintstones, Munsters & Addams Family
  • stop & complete any random hopscotch a child has drawn w/side walk chalk
  • never step on a crack - don't wanna break my mama's back (LOL!)
  • challenge my son to a game of HORSE @ the basketball courts
  • belt out the verses to the hand-game "Miss Mary Mack-Mack-Mack...."
  • stand behind the fence @ home plate & itch to get out on the soft ball field
  • get down really close to watch ants, spiders & catepillers go about their lives
  • make funny shapes out of the billions of bubbles while taking a bubble bath
  • laugh, deeply & heartily, a lot
  • try my hand with PlayDough. It's come a long way...
  • discover new things & places w/the wonderment of a child
  • spend time throwing rocks into the pond
  • racing my son to the car because...
  • .... whoever's last is a rotten egg
  • watch old episodes of "the Mummy" , "Dracula & "the Werewolf" w/ the covers bunched up around my eyes
  • ride my bike, then let go of the handle bars while screaming...
  • ..."LOOK MA - NO HANDS!! (to the embarrassment of my son... :-))
  • sitting on the floor "Indian Style" to watch a movie, or read a book or ... just sit
  • swing high, free & long @ any park I pass w/swings
  • ditto for the monkey bars, while wishing I was still nimble enuff to 'skin-the-cat'
  • sit in the back yard & blow bubbles for hours
  • sing along w/songs I remember from Sesame Street ("come & play; everything's A-okay...."
  • belt out the words to any "School House Rock" ("I'm Just A Bill...")
  • laugh hysterically @ the same episodes of "The Three Stooges" that I laughed at 40 years ago
  • Lay on my bed to read snuggled amongst my 2 giant teddy bears, "Morris Day" & "Cher"
  • look at listen & to my mother w/the same admiration I had when I was a little girl
  • cause i still see her as the same glamorous elegant beauty queen
  • still browse thru my copies of old Nancy Drew, Charlotte's Web, Where the Red Fern Grows & Little Women
and I do these things because it's never too late to have a happy childhood.**




**Carry On Tuesday Archives.

Pictures by: me;

the picture of the swings was submitted to our local newspaper & printed. So proud of seeing the caption, "Tracey D. Kenard captures her idea of springtime." :-)

The gorgeous baby girl is my great-niece, Amelia. She filled our visit with a boatload of love... & joy (as you can see...)


4 comments:

  1. thank you, sister!! thank you for stopping in. can feel your love through the screen! Glad you enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. all these images are beautiful,
    your words inspire.
    smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings, How are you?
    It is a thrill to pay you a visit today!
    We have some special awards/treats for week 11 participants, and
    Old poems, or poems unrelated to our theme are welcome .
    Hope to see you in..
    http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/2010/11/poetry-potluck-magic-miracles-wonder.html
    We treasure your support !
    Have A Terrific Wednesday!
    Happy Thanksgiving Ahead!
    xxx
    signed in to follow your blog,
    welcome follow us back...

    ReplyDelete

My Story, Part II

  I'm curious about this second half of my story now that I'm alone. Then I read this by Jennifer Camp from "Loop ": "...