Sunday, September 12, 2010

I remember....


Hundreds of years ago in high school
I was a shy, wallflower
So beautiful, yet felt my
beauty could never compare with
all the other beauties

yet there was a time
when we would steal away
go to a private place
and kiss

i can't remember how many days
we would steal away
but i do remember
the magic, the excitement
the heat, the passion, the warmth
the fire, the heatbeats, the intimacy
the bruised lips
the kisses

fast forward 150 years later
God has orchestrated out paths to connect
again
after much shyness, i asked you
do you remember when we
used to steal away

and he said

"LOL! I remember the kisses"

5 comments:

  1. 150 years later. lol. I think we were in high school at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem!
    Taracy I received your gift of jewels today! What a gorgoeus gift! I love the mugs, but especially I love the sayings on both!
    I'm loving your blog as well!
    Thank you so very much for the thoughtful gift! That is just the size I drink my tea from! (I've never drunk coffee!)
    Hope all is well with you - have a great week! You have made mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet!

    a child's play

    And do get aboard the Poetry Train every Monday mornings and thereafter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this made me smile!

    ReplyDelete

The 'New Spring'

I napped thru the storm that brought on the fabulous rainbow. The last 2 pix are after the 'bow' passed. If you didn't see it, y...