Thursday, November 20, 2014

Holy crap; Holidays are coming


I am one of the folks who puts so much pressure on themselves for the holidays that I truly go numb. I mean numb like my anxiety reaches such a height that I don't have room for one other thought. Here are my bullet points so I'll keep it short.
  • I'm not working (still)
  • Bills (what else is new)
  • Christmas shopping on extremely limited funds
  • Having my mother over for Thanksgiving (she barely eats anything & last year kept her coat on - SCREAM!!!)
  • This causes me to drink more wine than usual
  • Cooking Thanksgiving dinner (when I'm panicked, I can't focus & cook my best)
  • This causes me to drink more wine than usual
  • What to get for James (son) for Christmas - especially w/very limited funds
  • My sister's annual Ohio State v. Michigan game (great company, great food, but WAY too much alcohol consumed by all, especially the Sig.Other (sigh...........))
  • This makes me not want to attend, but I will... which will cause me to drink more wine than usual. :-)
Then on the other hand, I long for the families and the commercials showing everyone gathering for the holidays, laughing, exchanging gifts & having a good time. All the way down to the perfect Christmas decorations by Pier One. Lol.

I would like to enjoy the holidays in these ways:

"Christmas by Pier 1"

"A calm, happy, normal Thanksgiving"; and

"A nice, elegant New Years"
I told mom that I wish our family had traditions we adhered to yearly. She told me to star my own traditions. What is she trying to do, give me a stroke? Lol. But.... if I want it, it has to start with me. And that would cause me to drink more wine that usual. :-)


Photographs via the Internet




1 comment:

  1. Hi - wine is a good way to take the edge off. :-) We always have a supply on hand. An idea foir a Christmas gift for James- create an'experience'. Like going to a movie, or on a Winer picnic, or a road trip with some special stops that he might enjoy.
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Love Gail, peace.....

    ReplyDelete

It's Raining Leaves

Here in my neck of the woods, we didn't get much brilliant fall color as I had hoped. Not enough rain, then hot temps, then cold temps,...