Sunday, March 23, 2014

NaBloPoMo 3/23/2013


One day when browsing around, I came upon the "Suspended Coffees Program." How cool is it? You go into participating stores and donate to the cause; when folks come in that can't afford coffee, they turn in one of these cards & the store will give them a free coffee & a bagel or danish.

When I read about it, I had to know more. I Googled it and sure enough, a very small coffee shop downtown participates. I donated & had a great conversation with "Tommy B" who ran the place while his daughter was out. He said he lived in Chicago but came here to help his daughter/grandkids. He's 100% Italian and wears a black fedora cocked to one side.

I didn't have my camera, but he told me to come back anytime to take pix. I was disappointed to learn our sorry-ass local 'newspaper' hadn't found this gem news worthy. How can you support the small businesses if you don't know they exist? Sigh...


Anywho, Tommy B treated me to once of the best Chai teas I've had in a while, and gave me cards to pass out. The cards aren't necessarily for those who are down; they make nice 'have a coffee on me' gifts. The key is being motivated enough to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 'New Spring'

I napped thru the storm that brought on the fabulous rainbow. The last 2 pix are after the 'bow' passed. If you didn't see it, y...