Tuesday, June 12, 2012
I got the title of this post from a great song by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young on the "Four Way Street - Live" album. The words don't apply to me as it's a guy singing about letting his girl walk away with another man, but the title popped in my head & I thought 'why not?'
The birthday was the usual - very low key by my own choice I suppose. The routine going out to eat didn't excite me, nor did... well, anything. There was a jazz/blues fest downtown, but I wasn't familiar with the artists, plus it was so hot.
So, I chose to spend it my way. In the quiet & basically alone, which was just fine with me.
1. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while I walk, smile.
2. Read more books than I did in 2011
3. Sleep (nightly) for 7 hours
4. Make peace w/my past so it doesn't spoil my present
5. Call and/or see family more often
6. Forgive everyone for everything
7. Create & keep in touch with friends
8. Believe the best is yet to come
9. When I awake alive each morning, thank God for it; and
10. My inner most is always happy. So... be happy!!!
Self Reflection Actually, there isn't a whole lot to catch up on. Spring is here and everything is in bloom; folks putting out f...
I find as I get older, there are certain things I love about me, like: how comfortable I feel in my skin how accepting I am of my body, wi...
"Faith is raising the sail of our little boat until it is caught up in the soft winds above and picks up speed, not from any...