Monday, November 19, 2012

Gobble, gobble

 Here are some scenes from last year's Thanksgiving @ my house. I only had 2 guests - my mom & her gentleman caller. Even though it was small, my nerves were all over the place. I wanted everything to be just nice.

About an hour into it, I was ready for it to be over. My mother wasn't in the best of moods, she ate enough food to MAYBE fill a mouse, then pushed it around her plate.
 She kept her coat on (she said it was cold in the house) and... let's just say.... well, no let's not say. Lol.

I have come to the conclusion that this year, I will celebrate alone. I'm dropping out of the rat race & won't feel an ounce of guilt about it. "D" has to work from 9-4, Son will eat about 3 or so, and I... well I never actually sit down to eat anyway so it doesn't matter.

And that will be the same for anything else that comes up that makes me feel uncomfortable.

Guilt free.

"Stress is not something that gets to us because of what happens to us, it is what happens to us because we let something get to us."

Pictures: me

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracey -- oh your quote speaks volumes, at least to me and I hear you loud and clear. Sometimes doing something different on a holiday for that particular year is a good thing. It's great to be surrounded by family and friends but sometimes . . . well, you just know when it's a good time to just be by yourself and enjoy the day without all the hassle. It's a shame holidays are so stressful as they should be more about being together enjoying each other's company and having a FUN instead we let ourselves get caught up in a Martha Stewart Holiday moment and then it all falls apart. I have the same problem so here's to YOU on this Thanksgiving Day. I wish you and yours a very happy turkey day. Love your photos!!!

    ReplyDelete

My Story, Part II

  I'm curious about this second half of my story now that I'm alone. Then I read this by Jennifer Camp from "Loop ": "...