Saturday, July 28, 2012

My joy

Tall, handsome & beautifully autistic
This is my son, James. He is my joy because:
  • he sees the goodness in everything
  • he sees the bright side of everything
  • he is honest (painfully - LOL)
  • he only wants to please
  • he only wants to be part of the team
  • he brings happiness to whoever is around him
  • he has a child-like vision of the world
  • Matthew 18:3: And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.”
  • he is so going to heaven
  • he is most polite
  • he is most kind
  • he is most gentle
  • he is always forgiving
  • he is always willing to help
  • he is always most happy, and when he's not, you have to really dig to find out why
  • he made me really grow up immediately at the age of 24 when he was born
  • he changed my world view
  • he changed my behavior
  • he made me let go of any poor thoughts I had of his father, my ex-husband, even though he has no memory of who his father is
  • he keeps me even keeled
  • he's accepting, even though he may be dissappointed
  • he encourages me to buy him things, only because he never asks for anything. But Skittles
  •  he thinks every day is a beautiful day & says so every morning
  • when I slip a curse word or 2 (or 12), he tells me "it's inappropriate"
  • don't let this serious face fool you - he has a smile as big as the sun
  • he is unconditional love
Thanks, God. :-)

Picture by: me

4 comments:

  1. HI TRACEY - oh my, such a beautiful tribute - of all love an blessings - hallelujah!
    Love Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Gail!!! Thank you so much for your kind words. James is truly an amazing you man. I am truly blessed.:-) Peace, comfort & blessings my friend.

      Delete
  2. Hi Tracy -- I'm agree with Gail what a beautiful tribute. It's wonderful to see someone so young have such a great outlook on life. You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris! Yes, I AM blessed! What a journey these 24 years of James have been. SO completely not what I expected when I was pregnant, but what he a joy he is. It took me some years to realize how truly special he is. I kick myself in the behind for those years when I tried to have a pity party. DUH! His being disabled took me to a whole 'nother world of people who are now & always our extended family. I wouldn't want it any other way :-)

      Delete

The 'New Spring'

I napped thru the storm that brought on the fabulous rainbow. The last 2 pix are after the 'bow' passed. If you didn't see it, y...