Saturday, February 11, 2012

"She"


There is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul. ~Edith Wharton

I have been trying to write here for several days, but kept not being able to stay motivated. For all of the thoughts running through my head, when I got here, I would draw blank.

Palms clasped in prayer for a dear friend who is preparing for a life-changing journey.

We are miles apart, yet standing right next to each other. We are holding hands, laughing and touching the water. She reads my thoughts before I even know what they are. I make her laugh, deep belly laughs. We share our secrets, our fears, our loves, our dreams. She has taught me how to live, laugh and love, and shown me the light when all I could see was dark.

She taught me how to open my heart and soul and look at myself with kindness. She taught me to step out into the open and share my words when I didn't think it was possible. She taught me that I truly am an artist, and while I still think that sounds crazy, I believe it's true.

She's shown me that reaching out to others' needs are really all that JAH asks of us, and that there is truly only One Love.

So, I take and hold of the hands of my beautiful friend, of whom my eyes has never seen in the physical, yet whose souls meet each day. And on the day that our eyes do meet, we will step right in beat with each other, because we've known each other all along.

She is love, and so very loved. :-)

4 comments:

My Story, Part II

  I'm curious about this second half of my story now that I'm alone. Then I read this by Jennifer Camp from "Loop ": "...