Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday (Christmas Edition :-))

Happy Thankful Thursday to you all. Christmas is fast approaching so tomorrow will be all about working 1/2 a day, then shopping as far as my wallet allows :-)

Today's thanks are:

Truly feeling the Christmas Season; and since I'm not stressed about buying, I'm more focused on the reason for the Season which, in my life, means the birth of Jesus, our Savior, spending time with family, spreading love, being filled with love & caring/praying for those less fortunate & helping in any way I can. If I can't help physically or monetarily, I can certainly pray for you!


That I was wise enough to hold onto my 20-year old collection of Tamarlane ornaments from my first "law" boss who is now a retired Judge. Every year when I put them on the tree, I am reminded of his warm kindness & of giving me a chance when I didn't know law from a hole in the ground. Thanks, Judge Boggins.


For the beautiful, fresh trees we get year after year from the Fairgrounds, complete with trimmings for the fire place mantle. There's something to be said for being faithful to good, local vendors. They always throw in little extras.

That we all got together @ mom's for her 79th birthday last Sunday. We always end up stuffed into her kitchen in spite of all the other living space she has. There's something about gathering in the kitchen - all 12 of us! The warmth, love, hugs & laughter that I still feel long after we've all parted ways is truly a blessing.

That in the nearly three months that "D" as been back to work, we seem to have gotten closer. I'm sure it's because since he's back in the rat race, his self-esteem has returned, as well as his self-worth. And for me, I feel different because I have so much more sorely needed alone time without having to shut myself in my bedroom to get it. He works evenings, so we communicate through notes. We're getting the air we both needed. And it feels good. And that's something I haven't said in a very, very long time.

And lastly - I'm just thankful for everything; friends, family, employment, shelter, transportation, my full heart, those who read here; those I met through this space. If I don't write again before Holiday, (& I will try to), I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas & Happy Hanukkah.

Pictures by: me :-}

2 comments:

  1. HI TRACEY - great pictures and priceless tradition and memolries. I am so happy to be able to share in your Christmas spirit, joy and hope.
    Love Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Gail, my angel! As always, thank you for your kind words & thoughts. Much merriment, prayers & blessings to you and your family. May all your wishes come true. So glad for your friendship. Love, me :-)

    ReplyDelete

"Nesting"

Cute bench from a friend's mother's home. The arrangement has changed many times. Blessed to get 'the kid's Thanksgiving tab...