Saturday, November 19, 2011

Soulful Surroundings






Architecture, of all the arts, is the one which acts the most slowly, but the most surely, on the soul Ernest Dimnet

I took these pictures back in August during a self-imposed photo walk. it was a BEE-U-T-FUL evening for it. The church is the fantastic St. John the Baptist Catholic Church. We have quite a few very historical, ornate churches in the City. Hmm.... I think I just sparked a photo project... (wheels turning). The carvings & details amaze me.

Otherwise, I got a few more things for Thanksgiving dinner. So much smarter than waiting till the last minute. I feel a little self-conscious when I 'entertain' @ my house - I'm always seeing what's 'wrong' with my place as opposed to just enjoying inviting folks over.

At the last minute, I also decided to send out Thanksgiving cards. I usually don't do that, but buying one for a friend lead to buying one for all. Just as I finished a batch, the mailman came, so I was able to get those right out the door.

I'm truly thinking of sending a random card to my neighbor whom I haven't spoken to in nearly three years. She is an old crab (LOL!), but I don't like not being neighborly. You know, that whole 'love they neighbor" thing....

Pictures by: me :-<>

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful is oh so right! Happy Thanksgiving (and don't worry about your house)!

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

My Story, Part II

  I'm curious about this second half of my story now that I'm alone. Then I read this by Jennifer Camp from "Loop ": "...