Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Hour(s) of Blue


6:15 a.m. Wednesday morning, and:

7:30 p.m. Tuesday evening.




"The blue hour" comes from the French expression l'heure bleue, which refers to the period of twilight each morning and evening where there is neither full daylight nor complete darkness. The time is considered special because of the quality of the light at this time of day. ~ Wikipedia

And being the lens nut that I am, I made sure to see for myself.

Mission accomplished.

Gold (or blue) star for Tracey :-)





Pictures by: me :-)

Taken in the backyard Tues. night & Wednesday morning.

7 comments:

  1. You know, Tracey, as a Tucsonan, I often brag that nothing beats our skies. They boast vivid colors at all times of day, in every season. But I see by your work, that we are not alone in our glorious wonders above. These photos are proof~ really beautiful proof!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, these are just beautiful.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos...love your side-bar very much!!!
    Poetry is very nice!!! Have an award for you...Blessings!! http://wellspring-auvergne.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-award.html

    Best Wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://wellspring-auvergne.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Wellspring for the award!!! I'm truly honored & thanks everyone for commenting. Come back, always! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. L-O-V-E the 'blue hours'; Simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

My Story, Part II

  I'm curious about this second half of my story now that I'm alone. Then I read this by Jennifer Camp from "Loop ": "...