Monday, August 16, 2010

The View...



Greetings! It is a glorious day out today her in the Hall of Fame city! Temps & humidity have dropped considerably making it a perfect day.

Found a gem of a new site called Sunday Scribblings designed to give you blog topic ideas. I'm up for the challenge & hopefully will keep you all interested in reading my psycho-babble :-)

This is my view from my porch and yard at dawn. I love being the first person up & out in my neighborhood. I like to take my coffee & camera out & catch the world waking up. Of course, the birds & bees have been up, so the only sounds are them & me slurping coffee. It's in those quiet, precious moments that I take the time to sit and thank God for all;
  • waking me in my right mind;
  • giving thanks that I'm able to get out of bed (there are many that can't)
  • we have our health
  • we have breakfast to eat before we start the day
  • we have clean water to drink & bathe in (keep Haiti & other war/disaster torn places in your prayers. there is SO much we take for granted here in America)
  • we have employment to provide what we need (again - many, many folks don't; pray for them, too)
  • we travel safely through the day & return to our homes to relax & have dinner
  • I thank God & let him know that I'm acutely aware that my every movement, being, thoughts & breaths are marked & measured by his Grace & he cannot be thanked enough
  • I ask Him to stay in my heart & soul throughout the day and trust that he will
That perfect 1/2 hour of total meditation & awareness of being in the moment gives me the strength I require to get through each and every day.

Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Tracey, as I read this and admired your photos, I smiled because I know exactly this time of day that you are talking about - the magic of the early morning when the day is full of promise! Definitely one of my favorite times as well.

    It has been a pleasure reading your posts and getting to you a bit better - I love how much you have shared in this space and I look forward to your future posts!

    I love your space here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your morning view - I'm an early morning person too. I walk at a local track as soon as it is light and love to see the trees and sky and smile and nod at the other regulars. I'm thankful that I am walking to stay healthy and wonder about the lady with the wig and the knee brace who walks slow but does so every day. I wonder about the lady who looks to be close to sixty that can probably outwalk me. I am thankful that I can go to this place and walk without fear. So many things we can be grateful for. Thanks for this lovely reminder and welcome to Sunday Scribbling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Jarrett - I.Am.Honored!!! Thank you so much for the kind words, it means a lot. I'm sure I remember a post of yours about your love of the early a.m. It's a magical time, isn't it? No matter how rushed & behind I am some days, I always have to take a few minutes to myself to sit & take it all in. Thank you for stopping by - certainly do come back! Your blog is a jewel to the blog world! :-)

    Ms Martin: your mornings sound lovely as well. I, too, live very close to a walking track set in a beautiful park. I'm thankful to have access to such a serene place to take in the beauty & be reminded of our blessings. Thank you for 'coming over':-), please come back. Sunday Scribbling is amazing; so glad I stumbled upon. An amazing, inspiring, thought-provoking writing exercise & a great way to meet new blog friends = priceless!

    ReplyDelete

"Nesting"

Cute bench from a friend's mother's home. The arrangement has changed many times. Blessed to get 'the kid's Thanksgiving tab...