Saturday, July 24, 2010

Young dog; new trick & other stuff....

I'm happy w/my first try @ colorizing my pictures!!! I used Gimp; it looked intimidating at first with all the tools, etc, but the site has a great tutorial to follow. Don't know if I could remember all the steps w/out it. I've been wanting to do this w/different stuff, now it's on. Watch out world! (LOL!)

Tip: if you're ever in a position to get in good with an IT guy @ your work or wherever, take advantage. Our guy, Kevin, (who has since taken another job) taught me so much & gave me so many tips re: all things computer. I miss him. He'd be proud of me :-)

Tomorrow is the Community Parade that kicks off the Hall of Fame festivities. Me & the Son never miss it. He's always been fascinated w/parades, so it's all good. We'll wear all of our beaded necklaces that he made over the years in camp. He calls it our 'parade bling.' Hope it's not 1,000 degrees like it has been. Should be nice; the turnout is always great. For years I've been saying I would get to the early morning or late evening hot air balloon lift-off. Pictures of those would be T.D.F. (to die for...); especially when they lift off @ night; the balloons glow like giant lanterns. Awesome...

Otherwise, I spent the morning w/mom. It was nice hanging out @ her house. We went thru her 'library' of inspirational books; she has so many good ones. We came across two that had her named stamped all over them; one was called "Leaving the Past Behind," (yes, Lord) & "How to be your Own Best Friend." (yes, Lord - again). Those are ongoing conversations between us. I pointed out that while she had tags & writings in all the other books we looked at, those 2 were virtually untouched - & needed to be read the most! She said she knew. I hope she does give them a read & maybe touch on some of her issues she has w/the past & to gain acceptance of herself. Remember, if you don't love yourself, it's damn hard to be able to give it to someone else...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 'New Spring'

I napped thru the storm that brought on the fabulous rainbow. The last 2 pix are after the 'bow' passed. If you didn't see it, y...