Monday, July 19, 2010

Scattered.....



I wish I had more time to blog. After all this time of reading beautiful blogs, I never guessed how much time it can take. I've already sat here 20 mins. putting my thoughts together when I really should be getting ready for bed. I'm tired of 'getting ready for bed.' I need a vacay. A 'make reservations' & drive and/or fly/leave the state' vacay. Not a few days here & there.

Had possession of my beautiful great-niece, Alaina, on Sat. nite. What precious hours those were. She's adorable; can't remember being around one quite that young (4 mos.) in years so I felt quite awkward. I tell you, though; that mothering feeling never leaves. Especially when the baby is as laid back & happy as this beauty. I stayed in her face for the 6 hours she was @ my house. This one is my favorite.

Felt kinda bored w/F.Book today. I read posts & checked in from time to time, but didn't really have anything profound to say. Unusual for me; I usually start the morning w/something 'peppy.' Maybe I just felt like blogging instead....

The "Life Challenge" is going great.This Friday will be 2 weeks of no beer/wine intake at all. That was nothing but the intervention of God making the change in my life that I prayed for. I feel great! I feel flat out healthy. My eyes seems to shine like they haven't in a long time. And with the exception of needing to get my ass to the gym & tone, I'm happy w/my body. I feel super sexy!! Crystal Light of all flavors is my new addiction. It's a must have in the house @ all times. I wish D would jump on the bandwagon & give his health some attention....

This is one of the 1st pic I took w/my EasyShare - my first diggie. I think this was the beginning of my 2nd round of photo craze. I took plenty w/the old stuff (camera, film, developing - $$$$$$), but this modern tech was amazing. Last year I sent this pic to my pen pal in Oregon that I am a 'chemo angel' for. She rec'd major set-back news health-wise & I thought this would lift her. I cried while I wrote her letter. Prayers, peace & blessings to you & your family, Raelyn.

If I had been more motivated & not so bitchy @ the time, I would've entered these pics in the John Saxon Gallery local photo contest. I complained about them wanting the pic matted & paying an entry fee. Then on First Friday when I saw the other entries; my pic would've been perfect. Duh! I'll never pass that up again. Definitely participating next time...


About 3/4 years ago, Mom & I cleaned out my uncle's attic & I came across this treasure in an old trunk. Lord knows how old it is or who started this quilt; I think it was my grandmother. All it needs is finished; the top is completely done - or as mom says, the hard part is finished. Good old fashioned hand-stitching. I love all the old fabrics & scraps. I would love to finish it & keep it on my bed. Wonder what could Sharon of Happenings on Chaos Ranch do with this? :-) Wonders, I bet.
Finally, I'm a bookmark addict. No matter how many I have, I can't resist the next cute one. So behind on my reading; I have 30 books on my Goodreads
list & only about 3/4 have been read; the rest are "to read." I've been dragging around the The Weight of Silence and Eat, Pray, Love for a couple of months now. Can't make myself concentrate on anything more than magazines for some reason. They're both good books; I have to make time. I thought I would get reading done @ the Spec.Olympics last months since I had hotel alone time, but that didn't happen.

I need that vacation. Would love to go someplace I've never been; I'd like to travel the islands along the coast of Georgia. I think that would be relaxing, informative, beautiful and relaxing. Maybe one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 'New Spring'

I napped thru the storm that brought on the fabulous rainbow. The last 2 pix are after the 'bow' passed. If you didn't see it, y...