Friday, July 2, 2010

First Friday....


it was WAY too nice to sit inside this Friday evening. I decided to drag the Son to F.Friday downtown. It's been going on for a couple of years, but this is the first time we've gone. All of downtown eateries & galleries open their doors & you wander in & out of every place, eat & check out the art, etc.

There are live bands, food, drinks, & crowd. It's a cool thing for the City. Instead of everybody running from downtown @ 5:00p.m., folks stay or come back & show their support. I like that. I had no idea there were so many art galleries in such a small downtown. Good stuff - especially the John Saxon. I started to enter a photo contest there, but didn't cause it required an entry fee, having your pic framed & matted.

Then looking @ the entries today, I thought, 'I could've done that. Duh. I won't pass that up again. Always a next time. Anyway, the Son wasn't having any of the gallery-thing. He let me drag him in & out of 'em, but he did not enjoy standing, staring @ a picture like I did :-|

I thought the side-walk chalk art that stretched for a couple of blocks was cool....

This (1st Fri.) goes on into the Fall & even winter. I would like to go back the 1st Fri. of next month with someone "else" so I can get feedback, have a glass of wine & dinner @ one of the outdoor restaraunts. I'm glad I checked it out. the weather has been great, but it's sposed to get hella hot & humid; back into the 90's. Yay......

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 'New Spring'

I napped thru the storm that brought on the fabulous rainbow. The last 2 pix are after the 'bow' passed. If you didn't see it, y...